We have acquired cupboards and Corian Countertops from another condo to put into our home and would like an explanation of how to install the Corian countertops. How to cut to fit and finish the edges etc. How to install up to our stove and refrigerator and dish washer.
To cut the tops to length use a circular saw with a carbide blade guided by a straight edge clamped to the top. Generally you would cut tops flush with the cabinet sides next to the fridge or stove. You can sand the cut ends an orbital sander with 220 grit paper.
Sorry for such the long delay in answering. We have the counters in now and are just looking for information on how to seam up a joint. Where can we get the correct advesive and color so it does not show. Your help was greatly appreciated. Again, soory for the lasp in time. House was in Florida and couldn't get down there prior to now.
The answer to this question is that it's difficult to buy Corian adhesive if you're not a fabricator. All major brands have their own proprietory adhesives and don't share. However, there are several aftermarket manufacturers who do sell outside the main supply chain. Some fabricators use these adhesives because they are lower priced and seem to do the job just fine. One of the best known is Gruber-Systems (www.gruber-systems.com)who have a complete adhesive system for all major brands of solid surface.Call them up and see if they will sell to you. If so, you're in luck. I hope this helps. Good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!