We have acquired cupboards and Corian Countertops from another condo to put into our home and would like an explanation of how to install the Corian countertops. How to cut to fit and finish the edges etc. How to install up to our stove and refrigerator and dish washer.
To cut the tops to length use a circular saw with a carbide blade guided by a straight edge clamped to the top. Generally you would cut tops flush with the cabinet sides next to the fridge or stove. You can sand the cut ends an orbital sander with 220 grit paper.
Sorry for such the long delay in answering. We have the counters in now and are just looking for information on how to seam up a joint. Where can we get the correct advesive and color so it does not show. Your help was greatly appreciated. Again, soory for the lasp in time. House was in Florida and couldn't get down there prior to now.
The answer to this question is that it's difficult to buy Corian adhesive if you're not a fabricator. All major brands have their own proprietory adhesives and don't share. However, there are several aftermarket manufacturers who do sell outside the main supply chain. Some fabricators use these adhesives because they are lower priced and seem to do the job just fine. One of the best known is Gruber-Systems (www.gruber-systems.com)who have a complete adhesive system for all major brands of solid surface.Call them up and see if they will sell to you. If so, you're in luck. I hope this helps. Good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes