We have acquired cupboards and Corian Countertops from another condo to put into our home and would like an explanation of how to install the Corian countertops. How to cut to fit and finish the edges etc. How to install up to our stove and refrigerator and dish washer.
To cut the tops to length use a circular saw with a carbide blade guided by a straight edge clamped to the top. Generally you would cut tops flush with the cabinet sides next to the fridge or stove. You can sand the cut ends an orbital sander with 220 grit paper.
Sorry for such the long delay in answering. We have the counters in now and are just looking for information on how to seam up a joint. Where can we get the correct advesive and color so it does not show. Your help was greatly appreciated. Again, soory for the lasp in time. House was in Florida and couldn't get down there prior to now.
The answer to this question is that it's difficult to buy Corian adhesive if you're not a fabricator. All major brands have their own proprietory adhesives and don't share. However, there are several aftermarket manufacturers who do sell outside the main supply chain. Some fabricators use these adhesives because they are lower priced and seem to do the job just fine. One of the best known is Gruber-Systems (www.gruber-systems.com)who have a complete adhesive system for all major brands of solid surface.Call them up and see if they will sell to you. If so, you're in luck. I hope this helps. Good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects