We have acquired cupboards and Corian Countertops from another condo to put into our home and would like an explanation of how to install the Corian countertops. How to cut to fit and finish the edges etc. How to install up to our stove and refrigerator and dish washer.
To cut the tops to length use a circular saw with a carbide blade guided by a straight edge clamped to the top. Generally you would cut tops flush with the cabinet sides next to the fridge or stove. You can sand the cut ends an orbital sander with 220 grit paper.
Sorry for such the long delay in answering. We have the counters in now and are just looking for information on how to seam up a joint. Where can we get the correct advesive and color so it does not show. Your help was greatly appreciated. Again, soory for the lasp in time. House was in Florida and couldn't get down there prior to now.
The answer to this question is that it's difficult to buy Corian adhesive if you're not a fabricator. All major brands have their own proprietory adhesives and don't share. However, there are several aftermarket manufacturers who do sell outside the main supply chain. Some fabricators use these adhesives because they are lower priced and seem to do the job just fine. One of the best known is Gruber-Systems (www.gruber-systems.com)who have a complete adhesive system for all major brands of solid surface.Call them up and see if they will sell to you. If so, you're in luck. I hope this helps. Good luck
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!