some days i sure wish i still had a land lord! it all started with water in the cellar [that's when i found this site], no big deal, unfinished project..no money out of pocket so far...just labor, but water is getting out now, then it went to a cieling falling down [with subsequent total room re-do], then a hallway to re-do [amazing how things go south so fast], now my furnace croaked!!
they say things come in 3's, this may be good news, but i'm broke after the 2nd thing [uugghh...]
just a bit of venting here, as i'm sure others have been there, done that, got the t-shirt, but geeze, i need a break in the homeowner stress....
last years new roof killed my 'emergency stash', and the room re-do and hallway used up most of my tax return [was hoping to have some left for spring to 'spruce up' the landscaping of the place, flowers/mulch/timbers etc.], where oh where does it end???
i got to thinking about things yesterday and commented to my wife that after almost 9 years of being in our house, we've replaced darn near everything. 2 sump pumps, electrical service entry, water heater, stove, refridgerator, washer, dryer, every light fixture except one, carpet, linoleum, bathroom tub/shower suround [due to incredibly crazy way it was done before-another long story] 2 doors, roof, driveway, built two decks, replace railing on one, sided the garage, totaly re-did one room and a hallway, and still need to replace our kitchen sink, and now the furnace pukes.
well, that's it really, just needed to vent some stress, and hope that someone else out there can identify with what i'm going thru, misery loves company after all, and i could use some company, know what i mean?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!