some days i sure wish i still had a land lord! it all started with water in the cellar [that's when i found this site], no big deal, unfinished project..no money out of pocket so far...just labor, but water is getting out now, then it went to a cieling falling down [with subsequent total room re-do], then a hallway to re-do [amazing how things go south so fast], now my furnace croaked!!
they say things come in 3's, this may be good news, but i'm broke after the 2nd thing [uugghh...]
just a bit of venting here, as i'm sure others have been there, done that, got the t-shirt, but geeze, i need a break in the homeowner stress....
last years new roof killed my 'emergency stash', and the room re-do and hallway used up most of my tax return [was hoping to have some left for spring to 'spruce up' the landscaping of the place, flowers/mulch/timbers etc.], where oh where does it end???
i got to thinking about things yesterday and commented to my wife that after almost 9 years of being in our house, we've replaced darn near everything. 2 sump pumps, electrical service entry, water heater, stove, refridgerator, washer, dryer, every light fixture except one, carpet, linoleum, bathroom tub/shower suround [due to incredibly crazy way it was done before-another long story] 2 doors, roof, driveway, built two decks, replace railing on one, sided the garage, totaly re-did one room and a hallway, and still need to replace our kitchen sink, and now the furnace pukes.
well, that's it really, just needed to vent some stress, and hope that someone else out there can identify with what i'm going thru, misery loves company after all, and i could use some company, know what i mean?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects