some days i sure wish i still had a land lord! it all started with water in the cellar [that's when i found this site], no big deal, unfinished project..no money out of pocket so far...just labor, but water is getting out now, then it went to a cieling falling down [with subsequent total room re-do], then a hallway to re-do [amazing how things go south so fast], now my furnace croaked!!
they say things come in 3's, this may be good news, but i'm broke after the 2nd thing [uugghh...]
just a bit of venting here, as i'm sure others have been there, done that, got the t-shirt, but geeze, i need a break in the homeowner stress....
last years new roof killed my 'emergency stash', and the room re-do and hallway used up most of my tax return [was hoping to have some left for spring to 'spruce up' the landscaping of the place, flowers/mulch/timbers etc.], where oh where does it end???
i got to thinking about things yesterday and commented to my wife that after almost 9 years of being in our house, we've replaced darn near everything. 2 sump pumps, electrical service entry, water heater, stove, refridgerator, washer, dryer, every light fixture except one, carpet, linoleum, bathroom tub/shower suround [due to incredibly crazy way it was done before-another long story] 2 doors, roof, driveway, built two decks, replace railing on one, sided the garage, totaly re-did one room and a hallway, and still need to replace our kitchen sink, and now the furnace pukes.
well, that's it really, just needed to vent some stress, and hope that someone else out there can identify with what i'm going thru, misery loves company after all, and i could use some company, know what i mean?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps