some days i sure wish i still had a land lord! it all started with water in the cellar [that's when i found this site], no big deal, unfinished project..no money out of pocket so far...just labor, but water is getting out now, then it went to a cieling falling down [with subsequent total room re-do], then a hallway to re-do [amazing how things go south so fast], now my furnace croaked!!
they say things come in 3's, this may be good news, but i'm broke after the 2nd thing [uugghh...]
just a bit of venting here, as i'm sure others have been there, done that, got the t-shirt, but geeze, i need a break in the homeowner stress....
last years new roof killed my 'emergency stash', and the room re-do and hallway used up most of my tax return [was hoping to have some left for spring to 'spruce up' the landscaping of the place, flowers/mulch/timbers etc.], where oh where does it end???
i got to thinking about things yesterday and commented to my wife that after almost 9 years of being in our house, we've replaced darn near everything. 2 sump pumps, electrical service entry, water heater, stove, refridgerator, washer, dryer, every light fixture except one, carpet, linoleum, bathroom tub/shower suround [due to incredibly crazy way it was done before-another long story] 2 doors, roof, driveway, built two decks, replace railing on one, sided the garage, totaly re-did one room and a hallway, and still need to replace our kitchen sink, and now the furnace pukes.
well, that's it really, just needed to vent some stress, and hope that someone else out there can identify with what i'm going thru, misery loves company after all, and i could use some company, know what i mean?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees