We have a diamond shaped wood decoration high up on a gable roof, with the decoration about a foot below the peak of the gable. In windy conditions it seems to be making a noise, so I am wondering if it is installed properly. It is not attached directly onto the brick, but seems to have nothing behind it. Our neighbour's homes that have the same decoration have two screws vertically in the decoration, one in the top half of the diamond and one in the bottom half.
Should our decoration have some kind of bracing behind it? Is it possible that it is moving slightly in the wind creating a noise?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!