We live in a new 2-story house. The bathroom walls apparently have acoustic insulation, however it is as if there is no sound insulation whatsoever. Also, the 4"ABS drain lines from the second floor toilets run inside interior walls and the falling waste water can be heard clearly throughout the house whenever someone uses the facilities. In fact, we donot entertain as much as we used to simply because of the embarassing noise.
I am interested in any suggestions on how to deal with this. Of course I would like to keep the cost and disruption to a minimum, but at this point I would consider any option. THANKS!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!