I, too, am in the market of stipping my kitchen cabinets. The cabinets and drawers seem easy enough to strip because I will be able to remove them, but what about the sides and middle pieces between cabinets? Is it easier to sand by hand or use a chemical and wipe down?
Also, I'm not sure of the type of wood. I've been told by a couple of people (somewhat reliable) that it is probably Walnut. Any advice as to lightening the wood? Someone mentioned bleaching, but I have not been able to find much information on it. It's not horribly dark, but MOST of my furniture is Pine and the existing color seems to clash.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!