I, too, am in the market of stipping my kitchen cabinets. The cabinets and drawers seem easy enough to strip because I will be able to remove them, but what about the sides and middle pieces between cabinets? Is it easier to sand by hand or use a chemical and wipe down?
Also, I'm not sure of the type of wood. I've been told by a couple of people (somewhat reliable) that it is probably Walnut. Any advice as to lightening the wood? Someone mentioned bleaching, but I have not been able to find much information on it. It's not horribly dark, but MOST of my furniture is Pine and the existing color seems to clash.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!