I just had my house power washed - but it seems as though the person who did it didn't use whatever it takes to remove "slug slime trails" from my vinyl siding!
Can someone advise what product or procedure is needed to clean the vinyl siding and get rid of the ugly slime trails?
I'm having the same problem as you .Slug slime on our vinyl siding . I've been looking and looking as to how to clean it up and as yet have no answers. If by chance you have found the answer I would deeply appreciate you letting me know. Thank--you
We had this problem too...even called out a power washing company. After using about 4 different super strength cleaners from Lowe's, my husband was able to scrub off most of the slug stains with an industrial strength cleaner that he got from our exterminator. Who knew slugs could cause such damage???
I ran a “scientific experiment” cleaning sections of aluminum siding with white vinegar, WD-40, industrial cleaner, bleach, tile and grout cleaner, and Murphy’s Oil Soap. I learned that scrubbing works best using a combination of 2.5 gallon of warm water with ½ cup bleach, ½ cup trisodium phosphate (TSP), and ¼ cup borax. I scrubbed twice with cleaning solution, scrubbed once with clean water, and rinsed down the section before moving on to another section.
Problem with Builder
Recomendations for vinyl siding with matte finish.
How can I match a vinyl siding pattern?
Deck Stain on Vinyl Siding
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects