I recently painted the face of the fireplace using left-over paint using in painting the kitchen walls because the color was just right, however, I didn't consider the safety issue of using this paint on a 'working' fireplace. Since the bricks on the outside of the fireplace and opening edge were painted and not the inside of the fireplace wall, is it safe to light a fire in the fireplace?
If not, can I just paint over the old paint with appropriate safe paint used on wood-burning fireplaces.
Would greatly appreciate knowing how to correct this matter if its required for safe burning in the fireplace. Thank you.
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries