Any ideas why I am hearing popping sounds in the house? They seem to be coming from outside during different times of the day. Hearing them for years but no problems have shown up. Also, my floors have started to snap, crackle pop throughout the house. Could the 2 be related? Any ideas. Really quite baffled.
Dear K2 in CO. Thank you for your response and everything you said makes sense. In fact I spoke with a state building inspector this morning and he said the exact same thing you said. These noises are such a nuisance but as long as there are no structural problems, I guess I can rest assured.
Dear k2....I have inspected this house (8 yrs old)inside and outside (like Sherlock Holmes) Nothing concerns me in terms of foundation issues. No cracks over doors, windows, doors operate fine, no nail pops in corners, no patio/porches pulling away from main structure, no cracks in our brick to frame, no cracks in brick front, caulking not pulling away. I see nothing to account for these pops so gonna assume its temp changes as you said. Its a 3 story home so I guess we are even more subject to envinronment influences???? The floors, between you and the inspector, I will sleep tonight, but I won't stop cussing at them. What is the foundation forum you mentioned?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard