Any ideas why I am hearing popping sounds in the house? They seem to be coming from outside during different times of the day. Hearing them for years but no problems have shown up. Also, my floors have started to snap, crackle pop throughout the house. Could the 2 be related? Any ideas. Really quite baffled.
Dear K2 in CO. Thank you for your response and everything you said makes sense. In fact I spoke with a state building inspector this morning and he said the exact same thing you said. These noises are such a nuisance but as long as there are no structural problems, I guess I can rest assured.
Dear k2....I have inspected this house (8 yrs old)inside and outside (like Sherlock Holmes) Nothing concerns me in terms of foundation issues. No cracks over doors, windows, doors operate fine, no nail pops in corners, no patio/porches pulling away from main structure, no cracks in our brick to frame, no cracks in brick front, caulking not pulling away. I see nothing to account for these pops so gonna assume its temp changes as you said. Its a 3 story home so I guess we are even more subject to envinronment influences???? The floors, between you and the inspector, I will sleep tonight, but I won't stop cussing at them. What is the foundation forum you mentioned?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects