Any ideas why I am hearing popping sounds in the house? They seem to be coming from outside during different times of the day. Hearing them for years but no problems have shown up. Also, my floors have started to snap, crackle pop throughout the house. Could the 2 be related? Any ideas. Really quite baffled.
Dear K2 in CO. Thank you for your response and everything you said makes sense. In fact I spoke with a state building inspector this morning and he said the exact same thing you said. These noises are such a nuisance but as long as there are no structural problems, I guess I can rest assured.
Dear k2....I have inspected this house (8 yrs old)inside and outside (like Sherlock Holmes) Nothing concerns me in terms of foundation issues. No cracks over doors, windows, doors operate fine, no nail pops in corners, no patio/porches pulling away from main structure, no cracks in our brick to frame, no cracks in brick front, caulking not pulling away. I see nothing to account for these pops so gonna assume its temp changes as you said. Its a 3 story home so I guess we are even more subject to envinronment influences???? The floors, between you and the inspector, I will sleep tonight, but I won't stop cussing at them. What is the foundation forum you mentioned?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes