Any ideas why I am hearing popping sounds in the house? They seem to be coming from outside during different times of the day. Hearing them for years but no problems have shown up. Also, my floors have started to snap, crackle pop throughout the house. Could the 2 be related? Any ideas. Really quite baffled.
Dear K2 in CO. Thank you for your response and everything you said makes sense. In fact I spoke with a state building inspector this morning and he said the exact same thing you said. These noises are such a nuisance but as long as there are no structural problems, I guess I can rest assured.
Dear k2....I have inspected this house (8 yrs old)inside and outside (like Sherlock Holmes) Nothing concerns me in terms of foundation issues. No cracks over doors, windows, doors operate fine, no nail pops in corners, no patio/porches pulling away from main structure, no cracks in our brick to frame, no cracks in brick front, caulking not pulling away. I see nothing to account for these pops so gonna assume its temp changes as you said. Its a 3 story home so I guess we are even more subject to envinronment influences???? The floors, between you and the inspector, I will sleep tonight, but I won't stop cussing at them. What is the foundation forum you mentioned?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!