I've recently purchased home office furniture and placed it on the second floor of my one
family, sidehall colonial, built circa 1983 in New Jersey. The furniture is solid wood and very heavy (approximately 1100+ lbs) in a 20' by 20' room. My wife is very concerned that the floor may give way under the weight of the furniture. Is there any validity to this concern? Are there any standards that suggest what the minimum/maximum weight limits are for the second floor? I don't have the blueprints and do not know who the builder was.
Thanks in advance for your response...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!