I know this Q should be in furnace/heating category, but I need an A by tom. morning!
(It'll be answered quicker here)
The furnace blower GASKET which is approx 8x8" & 1/4" width & asbestos-like (but not) has CRUMBLED.
Heating companies are not willing to help (for obvious reasons...they don't like do-it-yer-selfers..they want to sell u a whole $3000 furnace than help s-one buy a $10 gasket)
I tried EVERYwhere....REVY, RONA, H-HARDWARE....a few furnace-seller outlets, even a BBQ place...but NO-one could help me buy a piece of gasket (asbestos-like, but not) for me to make a template! This is SO frustrating, as I don't know what the noise will be like if I just forget about it & just go metal on metal with the blower against the heat-exchanger.
I tried a VALVE-cover gasket roll & cut out a 8x8 piece, made the appropriate hole & such...but it REEEEKS ! I figured it goes on HOT car engines....why not a furnace! BAD idea! Maybe the rubber-reek will go away?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers