I know this Q should be in furnace/heating category, but I need an A by tom. morning!
(It'll be answered quicker here)
The furnace blower GASKET which is approx 8x8" & 1/4" width & asbestos-like (but not) has CRUMBLED.
Heating companies are not willing to help (for obvious reasons...they don't like do-it-yer-selfers..they want to sell u a whole $3000 furnace than help s-one buy a $10 gasket)
I tried EVERYwhere....REVY, RONA, H-HARDWARE....a few furnace-seller outlets, even a BBQ place...but NO-one could help me buy a piece of gasket (asbestos-like, but not) for me to make a template! This is SO frustrating, as I don't know what the noise will be like if I just forget about it & just go metal on metal with the blower against the heat-exchanger.
I tried a VALVE-cover gasket roll & cut out a 8x8 piece, made the appropriate hole & such...but it REEEEKS ! I figured it goes on HOT car engines....why not a furnace! BAD idea! Maybe the rubber-reek will go away?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING