I know this Q should be in furnace/heating category, but I need an A by tom. morning!
(It'll be answered quicker here)
The furnace blower GASKET which is approx 8x8" & 1/4" width & asbestos-like (but not) has CRUMBLED.
Heating companies are not willing to help (for obvious reasons...they don't like do-it-yer-selfers..they want to sell u a whole $3000 furnace than help s-one buy a $10 gasket)
I tried EVERYwhere....REVY, RONA, H-HARDWARE....a few furnace-seller outlets, even a BBQ place...but NO-one could help me buy a piece of gasket (asbestos-like, but not) for me to make a template! This is SO frustrating, as I don't know what the noise will be like if I just forget about it & just go metal on metal with the blower against the heat-exchanger.
I tried a VALVE-cover gasket roll & cut out a 8x8 piece, made the appropriate hole & such...but it REEEEKS ! I figured it goes on HOT car engines....why not a furnace! BAD idea! Maybe the rubber-reek will go away?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!