I am going to have to move in with mother due to her illness and need to know what I need to do to prepare my house for the move. To keep from paying 2 different sets of bills, I am going to shut off all utilities in my house...gas, electric and water. What precautions do I need to take to try to prevent water pipes from freezing, etc.? I would appreciate any and all advice.
Thank you so much k2 for the information and the good wishes. The information helps tremendously. I am in KY and it is very cold right now and will probably be so for quite a while. I will be close enough to keep an eye on the house several times a week and I don't know how long I will have to be gone; therefore the reason I need to go ahead and shut everything off. Again, thanks for the information.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!