I have a chain driven panel door. It has difficulty opening with the motor. If I push outward slightly it opens okay. It closes fine also.
It is an older door and a little banged up but I am not able to locate any binding spots.
AlbertPollard - hi, that does sound a bit unusual. I'd suggest checking the rollers and make sure the mounts are tight where they attach to your door. One or more may be loose enough that they cause a temporary bind as the door opens. I'd start with the panel that you push outward on to get the door to open smoothly. You may need to start the door opening and then hit the button again to make the door stop just as you detect the motor starting to struggle - then inspect the rollers, the tracks, and the door panel hinges to see what may be loose/binding. I hope this helps you detect and correct your problem - good luck! Jim D/West Point, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!