I have a chain driven panel door. It has difficulty opening with the motor. If I push outward slightly it opens okay. It closes fine also.
It is an older door and a little banged up but I am not able to locate any binding spots.
AlbertPollard - hi, that does sound a bit unusual. I'd suggest checking the rollers and make sure the mounts are tight where they attach to your door. One or more may be loose enough that they cause a temporary bind as the door opens. I'd start with the panel that you push outward on to get the door to open smoothly. You may need to start the door opening and then hit the button again to make the door stop just as you detect the motor starting to struggle - then inspect the rollers, the tracks, and the door panel hinges to see what may be loose/binding. I hope this helps you detect and correct your problem - good luck! Jim D/West Point, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!