I have a chain driven panel door. It has difficulty opening with the motor. If I push outward slightly it opens okay. It closes fine also.
It is an older door and a little banged up but I am not able to locate any binding spots.
AlbertPollard - hi, that does sound a bit unusual. I'd suggest checking the rollers and make sure the mounts are tight where they attach to your door. One or more may be loose enough that they cause a temporary bind as the door opens. I'd start with the panel that you push outward on to get the door to open smoothly. You may need to start the door opening and then hit the button again to make the door stop just as you detect the motor starting to struggle - then inspect the rollers, the tracks, and the door panel hinges to see what may be loose/binding. I hope this helps you detect and correct your problem - good luck! Jim D/West Point, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight