Investigating updating community architectural standards for a homeowners' association; & was wondering...
Just how efficient are roof-based solar panels?
Looking at various manufacturers & power ratings (125W to 200W)...the costs range from $1000 to $2000 per panel.
So...if our residents were to be permitted to install Solar Panels on the roofs of their townhomes, would they have to install a dozen or so panels just to run a hot-water heater?
We're trying to get an idea of how beneficial this would be to the community & the residents. The roof areas here are only about 25' X 25'; & if they needed more than a few panels to generate a worthwhile amount of energy, we would run into an aesthetic problem.
Are there any cost vs. efficiency specs available on the web? We are in NJ.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects