Investigating updating community architectural standards for a homeowners' association; & was wondering...
Just how efficient are roof-based solar panels?
Looking at various manufacturers & power ratings (125W to 200W)...the costs range from $1000 to $2000 per panel.
So...if our residents were to be permitted to install Solar Panels on the roofs of their townhomes, would they have to install a dozen or so panels just to run a hot-water heater?
We're trying to get an idea of how beneficial this would be to the community & the residents. The roof areas here are only about 25' X 25'; & if they needed more than a few panels to generate a worthwhile amount of energy, we would run into an aesthetic problem.
Are there any cost vs. efficiency specs available on the web? We are in NJ.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love