Investigating updating community architectural standards for a homeowners' association; & was wondering...
Just how efficient are roof-based solar panels?
Looking at various manufacturers & power ratings (125W to 200W)...the costs range from $1000 to $2000 per panel.
So...if our residents were to be permitted to install Solar Panels on the roofs of their townhomes, would they have to install a dozen or so panels just to run a hot-water heater?
We're trying to get an idea of how beneficial this would be to the community & the residents. The roof areas here are only about 25' X 25'; & if they needed more than a few panels to generate a worthwhile amount of energy, we would run into an aesthetic problem.
Are there any cost vs. efficiency specs available on the web? We are in NJ.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers