I am renovating a painted brick home built in 1979. I want to stucco over the brick but when I ask my contractor about metal lathe vs. bonding agent, he laughed! I cannot seem to find any hard fast info on this. Can you tell me what is the BEST method for applying stucco over painted brick?
I've done this many times. I would first,scrape any loose paint, then install wire lathe with masonry nails, and you should be good to go with the new stucco..
Stucco over painted cinderblock
Stucco. I need help and answers NOW! Help, somebody!
Aged stucco over brick, what is it called?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING