This is cross-posted from the other forum, here...
I'm digging a trench for an electrical conduit in my back yard. And by "I", I mean a couple of hired hands. My guys went pretty deep and hit this thing, breaking it:
What is it? Digalert didn't flag any power or gas lines in my backyard. I think the broken pipe is connected to the black "quick cap" thing on the surface, the end of this pipe in the ground is capped off also, and there's a black plastic bulge still in the ground that appears to be in the middle of whatever this is.
I don't know if it's running into the house or under my foundation. On the wall behind the trench is my master electrical panel, and behind that wall is the laundry room.
I don't know what it's connected to, or what it's supposed to be draining out, or if it's even a going concern. It's buried deep enough that someone put it there for a reason. I've uncovered some odd things while grading the backyard of this house (like a laundry pole being held into the ground with 350 pounds of concrete... that was seriously wild). The house was built in 1918 (it's in Los Angeles, not some perma-frost prone northern clime, if that helps with the ID).
Thanks for any guesses -
How much condensation on windows is too much?
OUTSIDE/INSIDE WHAT IS IT?
Outdoor wiring-- Am I doing this right?? Please Advi...
Hydrostatic Test Leak Results
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs