This is cross-posted from the other forum, here...
I'm digging a trench for an electrical conduit in my back yard. And by "I", I mean a couple of hired hands. My guys went pretty deep and hit this thing, breaking it:
What is it? Digalert didn't flag any power or gas lines in my backyard. I think the broken pipe is connected to the black "quick cap" thing on the surface, the end of this pipe in the ground is capped off also, and there's a black plastic bulge still in the ground that appears to be in the middle of whatever this is.
I don't know if it's running into the house or under my foundation. On the wall behind the trench is my master electrical panel, and behind that wall is the laundry room.
I don't know what it's connected to, or what it's supposed to be draining out, or if it's even a going concern. It's buried deep enough that someone put it there for a reason. I've uncovered some odd things while grading the backyard of this house (like a laundry pole being held into the ground with 350 pounds of concrete... that was seriously wild). The house was built in 1918 (it's in Los Angeles, not some perma-frost prone northern clime, if that helps with the ID).
Thanks for any guesses -
How much condensation on windows is too much?
OUTSIDE/INSIDE WHAT IS IT?
Outdoor wiring-- Am I doing this right?? Please Advi...
Hydrostatic Test Leak Results
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love