This is cross-posted from the other forum, here...
I'm digging a trench for an electrical conduit in my back yard. And by "I", I mean a couple of hired hands. My guys went pretty deep and hit this thing, breaking it:
What is it? Digalert didn't flag any power or gas lines in my backyard. I think the broken pipe is connected to the black "quick cap" thing on the surface, the end of this pipe in the ground is capped off also, and there's a black plastic bulge still in the ground that appears to be in the middle of whatever this is.
I don't know if it's running into the house or under my foundation. On the wall behind the trench is my master electrical panel, and behind that wall is the laundry room.
I don't know what it's connected to, or what it's supposed to be draining out, or if it's even a going concern. It's buried deep enough that someone put it there for a reason. I've uncovered some odd things while grading the backyard of this house (like a laundry pole being held into the ground with 350 pounds of concrete... that was seriously wild). The house was built in 1918 (it's in Los Angeles, not some perma-frost prone northern clime, if that helps with the ID).
Thanks for any guesses -
How much condensation on windows is too much?
OUTSIDE/INSIDE WHAT IS IT?
Outdoor wiring-- Am I doing this right?? Please Advi...
Hydrostatic Test Leak Results
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees