This is cross-posted from the other forum, here...
I'm digging a trench for an electrical conduit in my back yard. And by "I", I mean a couple of hired hands. My guys went pretty deep and hit this thing, breaking it:
What is it? Digalert didn't flag any power or gas lines in my backyard. I think the broken pipe is connected to the black "quick cap" thing on the surface, the end of this pipe in the ground is capped off also, and there's a black plastic bulge still in the ground that appears to be in the middle of whatever this is.
I don't know if it's running into the house or under my foundation. On the wall behind the trench is my master electrical panel, and behind that wall is the laundry room.
I don't know what it's connected to, or what it's supposed to be draining out, or if it's even a going concern. It's buried deep enough that someone put it there for a reason. I've uncovered some odd things while grading the backyard of this house (like a laundry pole being held into the ground with 350 pounds of concrete... that was seriously wild). The house was built in 1918 (it's in Los Angeles, not some perma-frost prone northern clime, if that helps with the ID).
Thanks for any guesses -
How much condensation on windows is too much?
OUTSIDE/INSIDE WHAT IS IT?
Outdoor wiring-- Am I doing this right?? Please Advi...
Hydrostatic Test Leak Results
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps