This is cross-posted from the other forum, here...
I'm digging a trench for an electrical conduit in my back yard. And by "I", I mean a couple of hired hands. My guys went pretty deep and hit this thing, breaking it:
What is it? Digalert didn't flag any power or gas lines in my backyard. I think the broken pipe is connected to the black "quick cap" thing on the surface, the end of this pipe in the ground is capped off also, and there's a black plastic bulge still in the ground that appears to be in the middle of whatever this is.
I don't know if it's running into the house or under my foundation. On the wall behind the trench is my master electrical panel, and behind that wall is the laundry room.
I don't know what it's connected to, or what it's supposed to be draining out, or if it's even a going concern. It's buried deep enough that someone put it there for a reason. I've uncovered some odd things while grading the backyard of this house (like a laundry pole being held into the ground with 350 pounds of concrete... that was seriously wild). The house was built in 1918 (it's in Los Angeles, not some perma-frost prone northern clime, if that helps with the ID).
Thanks for any guesses -
How much condensation on windows is too much?
OUTSIDE/INSIDE WHAT IS IT?
Outdoor wiring-- Am I doing this right?? Please Advi...
Hydrostatic Test Leak Results
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!