I'm thinking about designing a mount for a plasma tv that is on rails. My problem is the I have a perfect space above a fireplace for a plasma but when the fireplace is not in use I want to lower the plasma to a more appealing eye level. The solution I thought of was to mount the universal plasma mount on rails that would be on either side of the fireplace. When not in use I would raise the plasma manually to a higher height and lock.
Any suggestion on the rail side of this project?
plasma on wall with metal studs instead of wood studs
In Need of a TV repairman in nj..
Shelf over TV.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!