I'm thinking about designing a mount for a plasma tv that is on rails. My problem is the I have a perfect space above a fireplace for a plasma but when the fireplace is not in use I want to lower the plasma to a more appealing eye level. The solution I thought of was to mount the universal plasma mount on rails that would be on either side of the fireplace. When not in use I would raise the plasma manually to a higher height and lock.
Any suggestion on the rail side of this project?
plasma on wall with metal studs instead of wood studs
In Need of a TV repairman in nj..
Shelf over TV.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love