I'm thinking about designing a mount for a plasma tv that is on rails. My problem is the I have a perfect space above a fireplace for a plasma but when the fireplace is not in use I want to lower the plasma to a more appealing eye level. The solution I thought of was to mount the universal plasma mount on rails that would be on either side of the fireplace. When not in use I would raise the plasma manually to a higher height and lock.
Any suggestion on the rail side of this project?
plasma on wall with metal studs instead of wood studs
In Need of a TV repairman in nj..
Shelf over TV.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!