I would like to make concrete tabletops for a side table and also a coffee table. I have my list of supplies (mainly portland cement & sand) and acid stains, but have a question before I begin. Is there any way to add a material to the mixture to make it a lighter weight. I was thinking styrofoam, or packaging peanuts. I'm afraid of the tabletop being to heavy, it will be about 48lx24wx2h. I was thinking about pouring my mold about an inch high and then adding the foam or other material, and then pouring the mold over it. Does anyone have any answers...I'm desperate to start my project???!!! Thanks
Weight of roofing materials--Structural considerations?
How much weight will a floor hold?
MAYTAG ATLANTIS DRYERS - RECOMMEND?
A case of the "Gate Wobblies"
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers