Subject says it all. I have a fireplace that's exposed from the wall only one brick width, about 4 ft wide, and going from floor to ceiling. I'm thinking to frame, (like not to use 2x4's since that will take up more space, right?) and drywall, (green for potential moisture in the brick) it.
With the future plan of a potential flat tv, (like 45"+), mounted to it so it has to be strong. I have attic access directly above where the brick contacts the ceiling.
How would any of you hide brick but still have wiring behind it?
Best way to run electical and any other potential wires in the future?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips