I would like to make my own mosaic tile kitchen table. I found the mosaic tiles and I'm pretty sure I can get an iron base made. The parts I'm having trouble locating are the table top that I can place the tiles on. Can I just use a round piece of wood or do I need a special backerboard like you use for flooring tile? Also, I would like the table top to be surrounded by an iron trim. Would I need to have the entire iron base and trim first made then look into getting the top to put the tiles on it?
Sorry for being so vague and for making such a tall request. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!