I would like some suggestions to what type of material I could use. The wind screen consists of 2-48"x30" frames (made from 2"x2" composite deck spindles) hinged together to form a "L". A second "L" then completes the other two sides of protection. They can fold up nicely for storage and transportation.
I can't decide what to make the panels out of. I'm looking for something:
2. lightweight and rigid
3. weather tolerant
4. heat tolerant
Treated plywood, too heavy.
Fiberglass board, guy at Lowes said he'd be afraid of how heat/weather tolerant it would be.
Galvanized sheet metal, too expensive.
My biggest concern would be the heat tolerant part followed by weather. I do plan on making a roof to fit over it. I can run the smoker as high as 400-500 degrees internal temp. But, I'm not sure how high or how hot that would be indirectly on the panels. There would be 6" of clarence all the way around.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps