I would like some suggestions to what type of material I could use. The wind screen consists of 2-48"x30" frames (made from 2"x2" composite deck spindles) hinged together to form a "L". A second "L" then completes the other two sides of protection. They can fold up nicely for storage and transportation.
I can't decide what to make the panels out of. I'm looking for something:
2. lightweight and rigid
3. weather tolerant
4. heat tolerant
Treated plywood, too heavy.
Fiberglass board, guy at Lowes said he'd be afraid of how heat/weather tolerant it would be.
Galvanized sheet metal, too expensive.
My biggest concern would be the heat tolerant part followed by weather. I do plan on making a roof to fit over it. I can run the smoker as high as 400-500 degrees internal temp. But, I'm not sure how high or how hot that would be indirectly on the panels. There would be 6" of clarence all the way around.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees