I would like some suggestions to what type of material I could use. The wind screen consists of 2-48"x30" frames (made from 2"x2" composite deck spindles) hinged together to form a "L". A second "L" then completes the other two sides of protection. They can fold up nicely for storage and transportation.
I can't decide what to make the panels out of. I'm looking for something:
2. lightweight and rigid
3. weather tolerant
4. heat tolerant
Treated plywood, too heavy.
Fiberglass board, guy at Lowes said he'd be afraid of how heat/weather tolerant it would be.
Galvanized sheet metal, too expensive.
My biggest concern would be the heat tolerant part followed by weather. I do plan on making a roof to fit over it. I can run the smoker as high as 400-500 degrees internal temp. But, I'm not sure how high or how hot that would be indirectly on the panels. There would be 6" of clarence all the way around.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY