I would like some suggestions to what type of material I could use. The wind screen consists of 2-48"x30" frames (made from 2"x2" composite deck spindles) hinged together to form a "L". A second "L" then completes the other two sides of protection. They can fold up nicely for storage and transportation.
I can't decide what to make the panels out of. I'm looking for something:
2. lightweight and rigid
3. weather tolerant
4. heat tolerant
Treated plywood, too heavy.
Fiberglass board, guy at Lowes said he'd be afraid of how heat/weather tolerant it would be.
Galvanized sheet metal, too expensive.
My biggest concern would be the heat tolerant part followed by weather. I do plan on making a roof to fit over it. I can run the smoker as high as 400-500 degrees internal temp. But, I'm not sure how high or how hot that would be indirectly on the panels. There would be 6" of clarence all the way around.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes