I would like some suggestions to what type of material I could use. The wind screen consists of 2-48"x30" frames (made from 2"x2" composite deck spindles) hinged together to form a "L". A second "L" then completes the other two sides of protection. They can fold up nicely for storage and transportation.
I can't decide what to make the panels out of. I'm looking for something:
2. lightweight and rigid
3. weather tolerant
4. heat tolerant
Treated plywood, too heavy.
Fiberglass board, guy at Lowes said he'd be afraid of how heat/weather tolerant it would be.
Galvanized sheet metal, too expensive.
My biggest concern would be the heat tolerant part followed by weather. I do plan on making a roof to fit over it. I can run the smoker as high as 400-500 degrees internal temp. But, I'm not sure how high or how hot that would be indirectly on the panels. There would be 6" of clarence all the way around.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them