Help- Remove excess clear caulk undermount sink?
I had a quartz counter installed with a stainless undermount sink. The clear caulk- acrylic latex is a mess. The counter is dark brown and even what caulk is not on the 1/4" reveal edge is milky white and about 1/8" thick between the counter and the sink rim. It looks awful. Brought it to installers attention before they left and they said I had to wait until it dried and them just rub the excess off. You couldn't see the thick sandwich of it between the surfaces then as it had not turned milky white. Anyway to get this off and do it ourselves. Hate to call them back as they first did the wrong cut out size for the sink, other seams don't blend and they cut the whole to big for the cook top and already had to patch that. Plus, they scratched the sink installing it. I also made it clear the day of the estimate I didn't want to see caulk on the sink rim- was promised I would not, so this is ridiculous. At that time the guy said if there was too much, there was some sort of chemical I could use to easily remove it. Mineral Spirit's? Paint thinner? I can't recall, as I thought THEY would be doing it. I'd rather not call them back to do more damage as this has just been one BAD experience. I am reading all of the DIY instructions and nowhere do I see that much caulk was needed or should even be seen at all- just a thin line should be used? Also, worse case scenario- if we have to DIY and buy another new sink, how can we get the current caulk off the quartz? They used a razor blade on the rest of the counter seam caulk, but like I said they don't look too great either. I just have to get my life back in order at any cost. HELP please! Thanks in advance.
Undermount Sink With Granite
Julien Kitchen Sink (undermount) - $800
caulk over new grout
www.counter-seal.com...does it work? laminate with u...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes