I have seen on your show places that you visited for old or salvagable material. I know there isn't any located in my area,(KY) however I am willing to travel.I have heard they are mostly located up north. I am looking for old doors, stain glass. door knobs, mantels, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob has visited a few excellent architectural salvage outlets through the years. To find one in your area look in the Yellow Pages or on-line under Architectural Salvage. Three that Bob has visited on Home Again are Architectural Salvage One at 1840 W Hubbard St., Chicago, IL 60608-2221. Their phone number is 312-733-0098 and Bass & Bass Salvage Yard (Flea Mart) at 230 Industrial Blvd., in (I believe) Naples -- zip code 33842. The phone number I have is 813-643-4424. This was in 1991. Also, while in California for the Studio City project, Bob visited Big Ten Building Materials, a salvage shop at 757 West Woodbury Rd., Altadena, CA. 91001-5349. The phone number is 626-791-9747. Back when Bob hosted This Old House he visited United House Wrecking Co. at 535 Hope St., Stamford, CT. The phone number is 203-348-5371.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes