I have seen on your show places that you visited for old or salvagable material. I know there isn't any located in my area,(KY) however I am willing to travel.I have heard they are mostly located up north. I am looking for old doors, stain glass. door knobs, mantels, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob has visited a few excellent architectural salvage outlets through the years. To find one in your area look in the Yellow Pages or on-line under Architectural Salvage. Three that Bob has visited on Home Again are Architectural Salvage One at 1840 W Hubbard St., Chicago, IL 60608-2221. Their phone number is 312-733-0098 and Bass & Bass Salvage Yard (Flea Mart) at 230 Industrial Blvd., in (I believe) Naples -- zip code 33842. The phone number I have is 813-643-4424. This was in 1991. Also, while in California for the Studio City project, Bob visited Big Ten Building Materials, a salvage shop at 757 West Woodbury Rd., Altadena, CA. 91001-5349. The phone number is 626-791-9747. Back when Bob hosted This Old House he visited United House Wrecking Co. at 535 Hope St., Stamford, CT. The phone number is 203-348-5371.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!