I have a Hugh (model Cabot-Elite) wood stove. Bought it back in 1991 and I know the company doesn't exist under this name anymore. I am in the process of replacing the inside firebrick wall. When I removed the firebricks I found what I would call a fire/heat shield wall which is also cracked and broken. These pieces are located on the back wall and the bottom wall. Does anyone know what this is called and where I can find replacements? Also would like to know if I put these shields back (as they are now) is it safe to use the stove?
Woodstove and fuel oil furnace
woodstove flue and oil burner chimney, can they be t...
Bat Cave Woodstove insert removal
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!