I am an electric wheelchair user. I have glass slider doors from my kitchen to a small deck with stairs.
I would very much like to be able to exit by these doors and sit on this mini deck and be able to water plants in containers there. This would mean replacing the sliders with a type of one that I saw at someone's house where the doors have no raised track but somehow sink into a depressed one when in place.
I have been unable to locate this type anywhere on the internet - do you know of such a type of slider ?
I read an earler message, and understand the issue of "one step down" and moisture/snow.
How large of an overhang are we talking about ? Do I need to have the mini deck at a slope ? How steep a grade or slope?
Thoughts ? and thanx
Replacing Sliding doors
Installed doors and windows with security services
painted doors with natural trim
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects