I am an electric wheelchair user. I have glass slider doors from my kitchen to a small deck with stairs.
I would very much like to be able to exit by these doors and sit on this mini deck and be able to water plants in containers there. This would mean replacing the sliders with a type of one that I saw at someone's house where the doors have no raised track but somehow sink into a depressed one when in place.
I have been unable to locate this type anywhere on the internet - do you know of such a type of slider ?
I read an earler message, and understand the issue of "one step down" and moisture/snow.
How large of an overhang are we talking about ? Do I need to have the mini deck at a slope ? How steep a grade or slope?
Thoughts ? and thanx
Replacing Sliding doors
Installed doors and windows with security services
painted doors with natural trim
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!