Has anyone come up with an efficient plan to move all the fine china and figurines from the hutch, so the new carpet layers can move the hutch temporarily?
My parents are in their late 70's and don't move quickly or easily. They are getting all new flooring and carpeting in their condo. Everything from any shelves has to be moved from room to room, as other rooms are finished. For example, we put books in plastic grocery bags because they have handles and aren't too heavy.
Whatever they use for temporary china storage can be left in their garage, with the car left outside.
Seems like an easy, obvious task, but it's not! (We didn't want to pack completely into china barrels, as if they were moving.)I'm sure this situation comes up all the time!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers