We need to replace our wood laminate flooring - it's 10 years old and was inexpensive to start with and is really showing the wear with buckling, chips, scratches, etc.
I use a midwheel drive motorized wheelchair (which is heavy) and wondering what would hold up the best - real wood or the new vinyl wood planks? We think that the chair caused some of the problem with the laminate along with the contraction issues and water.
If we went with real wood we're talking 3/4" and that would raise the height of everything we've put in the kitchen which might pose a problem. However it's durability and easy maintenance that I'm looking for - besides a beautiful floor. We want to make a one time investment this time.
I know a lot of people that are opting for vinyl plank flooring as opposed to real wood. Vinyl flooring is typically easy to clean and is very durable and realistic. I would think this would be the best route to go, especially if real wood would cause height issues in your kitchen. Obviously, the decision is yours, so do some research and go with what you think will work best!
i have real wood floors, and i wouldn't go any other way. even with age, wood floors will still have the "real wood" feeling to it.
In terms of resale value, real wood is going to be your best investment. What would be problematic about raising the floor 3/4 an inch in the kitchen?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love