We need to replace our wood laminate flooring - it's 10 years old and was inexpensive to start with and is really showing the wear with buckling, chips, scratches, etc.
I use a midwheel drive motorized wheelchair (which is heavy) and wondering what would hold up the best - real wood or the new vinyl wood planks? We think that the chair caused some of the problem with the laminate along with the contraction issues and water.
If we went with real wood we're talking 3/4" and that would raise the height of everything we've put in the kitchen which might pose a problem. However it's durability and easy maintenance that I'm looking for - besides a beautiful floor. We want to make a one time investment this time.
I know a lot of people that are opting for vinyl plank flooring as opposed to real wood. Vinyl flooring is typically easy to clean and is very durable and realistic. I would think this would be the best route to go, especially if real wood would cause height issues in your kitchen. Obviously, the decision is yours, so do some research and go with what you think will work best!
i have real wood floors, and i wouldn't go any other way. even with age, wood floors will still have the "real wood" feeling to it.
In terms of resale value, real wood is going to be your best investment. What would be problematic about raising the floor 3/4 an inch in the kitchen?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY