We need to replace our wood laminate flooring - it's 10 years old and was inexpensive to start with and is really showing the wear with buckling, chips, scratches, etc.
I use a midwheel drive motorized wheelchair (which is heavy) and wondering what would hold up the best - real wood or the new vinyl wood planks? We think that the chair caused some of the problem with the laminate along with the contraction issues and water.
If we went with real wood we're talking 3/4" and that would raise the height of everything we've put in the kitchen which might pose a problem. However it's durability and easy maintenance that I'm looking for - besides a beautiful floor. We want to make a one time investment this time.
I know a lot of people that are opting for vinyl plank flooring as opposed to real wood. Vinyl flooring is typically easy to clean and is very durable and realistic. I would think this would be the best route to go, especially if real wood would cause height issues in your kitchen. Obviously, the decision is yours, so do some research and go with what you think will work best!
i have real wood floors, and i wouldn't go any other way. even with age, wood floors will still have the "real wood" feeling to it.
In terms of resale value, real wood is going to be your best investment. What would be problematic about raising the floor 3/4 an inch in the kitchen?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps