When a dishwasher fails to completely empty the water after use, what's the most likely cause? Is its drain clogged or is it more likely a problem with the pump getting old and weak? If it's clogged, what's the best way to fix?
Chances are that the pump impeller is shot, in some models you can replace the impeller, in others you have to replace the whole pump assembly.
If your dishwasher drain tube connects to a garbage disposal unit, then you may want to make sure the disposal is clear. Also, if the dishwasher is draining but leaving some water, check for a kink in the drainage hose from the dishwasher to sink. I had the same problem and fixed it by straightening the hose.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers