When a dishwasher fails to completely empty the water after use, what's the most likely cause? Is its drain clogged or is it more likely a problem with the pump getting old and weak? If it's clogged, what's the best way to fix?
Chances are that the pump impeller is shot, in some models you can replace the impeller, in others you have to replace the whole pump assembly.
If your dishwasher drain tube connects to a garbage disposal unit, then you may want to make sure the disposal is clear. Also, if the dishwasher is draining but leaving some water, check for a kink in the drainage hose from the dishwasher to sink. I had the same problem and fixed it by straightening the hose.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects