When a dishwasher fails to completely empty the water after use, what's the most likely cause? Is its drain clogged or is it more likely a problem with the pump getting old and weak? If it's clogged, what's the best way to fix?
Chances are that the pump impeller is shot, in some models you can replace the impeller, in others you have to replace the whole pump assembly.
If your dishwasher drain tube connects to a garbage disposal unit, then you may want to make sure the disposal is clear. Also, if the dishwasher is draining but leaving some water, check for a kink in the drainage hose from the dishwasher to sink. I had the same problem and fixed it by straightening the hose.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!