When a dishwasher fails to completely empty the water after use, what's the most likely cause? Is its drain clogged or is it more likely a problem with the pump getting old and weak? If it's clogged, what's the best way to fix?
Chances are that the pump impeller is shot, in some models you can replace the impeller, in others you have to replace the whole pump assembly.
If your dishwasher drain tube connects to a garbage disposal unit, then you may want to make sure the disposal is clear. Also, if the dishwasher is draining but leaving some water, check for a kink in the drainage hose from the dishwasher to sink. I had the same problem and fixed it by straightening the hose.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips