No dry clothes w/dryer vent attached
Other possibility is that the vent was attached to the dryer incorrectly, so that there is a problem where is is connected.
If there's a free flow of air, then the problem is something else entirely. It could be a coincidence that something else went wrong at the same time the vent was hooked up.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited March 25, 2002).]
My only thought is that when it's hooked up, there's something about the hookup that's preventing the air from exiting the dryer.
When the vent is unhooked can you detect air coming in from ouside? Maybe you have a backdraft. Seems like it would have to be VERY powerful though.
(1) checking the outdoors for warm air blowing out. On most dryer vents there is a flap on the outside shroud (SOMETIMES HELD IN PLACE WITH A MAGNET) and this might be stuck.
(2) leaving the dryer pushed out in the middle of the room with the vent hooked up. THis will eliminate the possibility of kinks in the vent line.
If you attach the vent improperly, the vent will go partially in to your home, which would mean it would work just as well as it always has.
BTW, the plastic vents are really no good. They tend to dry out and crack, and are not allowed in some locales. This can be a hazard with a gas dryer (which I really hope you don't have, since you have not had the vent hooked up).The aluminum ones are better.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes