No dry clothes w/dryer vent attached
Other possibility is that the vent was attached to the dryer incorrectly, so that there is a problem where is is connected.
If there's a free flow of air, then the problem is something else entirely. It could be a coincidence that something else went wrong at the same time the vent was hooked up.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited March 25, 2002).]
My only thought is that when it's hooked up, there's something about the hookup that's preventing the air from exiting the dryer.
When the vent is unhooked can you detect air coming in from ouside? Maybe you have a backdraft. Seems like it would have to be VERY powerful though.
(1) checking the outdoors for warm air blowing out. On most dryer vents there is a flap on the outside shroud (SOMETIMES HELD IN PLACE WITH A MAGNET) and this might be stuck.
(2) leaving the dryer pushed out in the middle of the room with the vent hooked up. THis will eliminate the possibility of kinks in the vent line.
If you attach the vent improperly, the vent will go partially in to your home, which would mean it would work just as well as it always has.
BTW, the plastic vents are really no good. They tend to dry out and crack, and are not allowed in some locales. This can be a hazard with a gas dryer (which I really hope you don't have, since you have not had the vent hooked up).The aluminum ones are better.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!