No dry clothes w/dryer vent attached
Other possibility is that the vent was attached to the dryer incorrectly, so that there is a problem where is is connected.
If there's a free flow of air, then the problem is something else entirely. It could be a coincidence that something else went wrong at the same time the vent was hooked up.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited March 25, 2002).]
My only thought is that when it's hooked up, there's something about the hookup that's preventing the air from exiting the dryer.
When the vent is unhooked can you detect air coming in from ouside? Maybe you have a backdraft. Seems like it would have to be VERY powerful though.
(1) checking the outdoors for warm air blowing out. On most dryer vents there is a flap on the outside shroud (SOMETIMES HELD IN PLACE WITH A MAGNET) and this might be stuck.
(2) leaving the dryer pushed out in the middle of the room with the vent hooked up. THis will eliminate the possibility of kinks in the vent line.
If you attach the vent improperly, the vent will go partially in to your home, which would mean it would work just as well as it always has.
BTW, the plastic vents are really no good. They tend to dry out and crack, and are not allowed in some locales. This can be a hazard with a gas dryer (which I really hope you don't have, since you have not had the vent hooked up).The aluminum ones are better.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps