No dry clothes w/dryer vent attached
Other possibility is that the vent was attached to the dryer incorrectly, so that there is a problem where is is connected.
If there's a free flow of air, then the problem is something else entirely. It could be a coincidence that something else went wrong at the same time the vent was hooked up.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited March 25, 2002).]
My only thought is that when it's hooked up, there's something about the hookup that's preventing the air from exiting the dryer.
When the vent is unhooked can you detect air coming in from ouside? Maybe you have a backdraft. Seems like it would have to be VERY powerful though.
(1) checking the outdoors for warm air blowing out. On most dryer vents there is a flap on the outside shroud (SOMETIMES HELD IN PLACE WITH A MAGNET) and this might be stuck.
(2) leaving the dryer pushed out in the middle of the room with the vent hooked up. THis will eliminate the possibility of kinks in the vent line.
If you attach the vent improperly, the vent will go partially in to your home, which would mean it would work just as well as it always has.
BTW, the plastic vents are really no good. They tend to dry out and crack, and are not allowed in some locales. This can be a hazard with a gas dryer (which I really hope you don't have, since you have not had the vent hooked up).The aluminum ones are better.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office