No dry clothes w/dryer vent attached
Other possibility is that the vent was attached to the dryer incorrectly, so that there is a problem where is is connected.
If there's a free flow of air, then the problem is something else entirely. It could be a coincidence that something else went wrong at the same time the vent was hooked up.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited March 25, 2002).]
My only thought is that when it's hooked up, there's something about the hookup that's preventing the air from exiting the dryer.
When the vent is unhooked can you detect air coming in from ouside? Maybe you have a backdraft. Seems like it would have to be VERY powerful though.
(1) checking the outdoors for warm air blowing out. On most dryer vents there is a flap on the outside shroud (SOMETIMES HELD IN PLACE WITH A MAGNET) and this might be stuck.
(2) leaving the dryer pushed out in the middle of the room with the vent hooked up. THis will eliminate the possibility of kinks in the vent line.
If you attach the vent improperly, the vent will go partially in to your home, which would mean it would work just as well as it always has.
BTW, the plastic vents are really no good. They tend to dry out and crack, and are not allowed in some locales. This can be a hazard with a gas dryer (which I really hope you don't have, since you have not had the vent hooked up).The aluminum ones are better.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs