No one from here can give you even an approximation w/o even looking at the house. I can tell you that it isn't cheap. Elevating a home requires use of professional plumbers, electrcians, and engineers, to name a few.
The home has to be jacked up and then cribbing (or temporary support) needs to be installed. Piping, wiring, duct work, and so on, may need to be cut, turned off, or the like. Most likely, temporary piers will need to be poured to set jacks on. And some excavation will need to be done on the inside as well as on the outside in order to install form (unless pre-cast forms are used.) This may cause 'disruption' to 'things' outside this house, such as patios, garages, and so on. AND, if you live in Earthquake Country, you may have added another 50% to your cost.
Look in the Yellow Pages under CONTRACTORS -GENERAL. Look at the 'Ads' for one that says they do work in Excavation or Foundations. You could also visit a Concrete Supplier to see if someone in the office knows of anyone in those lines of work. Get a FEW references; not just 1 or 2. Then, start doing your homework!
Be SURE you can get a reference or 2 of a former customer (of the Pro) that had a SIMILIAR job done. After the Pro describes what needs to be done in your job, ask for the references that had the same thing done.
Others may have more info to offer so stick around. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY