No one from here can give you even an approximation w/o even looking at the house. I can tell you that it isn't cheap. Elevating a home requires use of professional plumbers, electrcians, and engineers, to name a few.
The home has to be jacked up and then cribbing (or temporary support) needs to be installed. Piping, wiring, duct work, and so on, may need to be cut, turned off, or the like. Most likely, temporary piers will need to be poured to set jacks on. And some excavation will need to be done on the inside as well as on the outside in order to install form (unless pre-cast forms are used.) This may cause 'disruption' to 'things' outside this house, such as patios, garages, and so on. AND, if you live in Earthquake Country, you may have added another 50% to your cost.
Look in the Yellow Pages under CONTRACTORS -GENERAL. Look at the 'Ads' for one that says they do work in Excavation or Foundations. You could also visit a Concrete Supplier to see if someone in the office knows of anyone in those lines of work. Get a FEW references; not just 1 or 2. Then, start doing your homework!
Be SURE you can get a reference or 2 of a former customer (of the Pro) that had a SIMILIAR job done. After the Pro describes what needs to be done in your job, ask for the references that had the same thing done.
Others may have more info to offer so stick around. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight