I am moving from an apt. into a twin home, which I will be living at for at least a year. I already own a washer and dryer. Is it ok for me to store my washer in the storage area in the basement for a year or should I sell it? I would like to keep it, but don't want it to rust or become unusable because I stored it so long. Is it ok for me to store it?
Yes you can store a washer. If the area you live in is cold,the water must be drained from the pump. Also leave something across the tub opening so lid can't close. Air circulation will prevent mildew smell in washer tub.If basement is dirt floor put something like plastic under the washer to prevent moisture coming up and rusting the underside.Then cover with an old sheet.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!