I am moving from an apt. into a twin home, which I will be living at for at least a year. I already own a washer and dryer. Is it ok for me to store my washer in the storage area in the basement for a year or should I sell it? I would like to keep it, but don't want it to rust or become unusable because I stored it so long. Is it ok for me to store it?
Yes you can store a washer. If the area you live in is cold,the water must be drained from the pump. Also leave something across the tub opening so lid can't close. Air circulation will prevent mildew smell in washer tub.If basement is dirt floor put something like plastic under the washer to prevent moisture coming up and rusting the underside.Then cover with an old sheet.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight