I am moving from an apt. into a twin home, which I will be living at for at least a year. I already own a washer and dryer. Is it ok for me to store my washer in the storage area in the basement for a year or should I sell it? I would like to keep it, but don't want it to rust or become unusable because I stored it so long. Is it ok for me to store it?
Yes you can store a washer. If the area you live in is cold,the water must be drained from the pump. Also leave something across the tub opening so lid can't close. Air circulation will prevent mildew smell in washer tub.If basement is dirt floor put something like plastic under the washer to prevent moisture coming up and rusting the underside.Then cover with an old sheet.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!