Central Vacuum systems
I'd recommend that once you do have the manufacturer's name and the model number of the unit written down, try calling any of the central house vacuum dealers/vendors listed in your local phone book. You may also want to try using Yahoo! or Google to search for the manufacturer by name.
Also, you could use Yahoo!'s business pages directory service to locate central house vacuum dealers/vendors in larger cities reasonably close to your location in FL. Many of those dealers/vendors have sources for parts from many different manufacturers, and may even know whether or not the manufacturer of your unit is still in business.
It may take several phone calls, so be patient. Good luck!
Jim D/Heathsville, VA
Try searching for the manufacturer there. If no luck, may have to replace the central vacuum unit.
Doug, get a life!
Shelly Slader | http://www.ellemscentravac.com.au/products/
Upgrade Existing Central Vacuum Cleaner System
A Revolutionary Commercial & Residential Constructio...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Mirror Magic: 10 Ways of Using Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- 7 Powerful Cleaners in Your Pantry
- 10 DIY Ways to Dress Up Your House for Fall
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs