Central Vacuum systems
I'd recommend that once you do have the manufacturer's name and the model number of the unit written down, try calling any of the central house vacuum dealers/vendors listed in your local phone book. You may also want to try using Yahoo! or Google to search for the manufacturer by name.
Also, you could use Yahoo!'s business pages directory service to locate central house vacuum dealers/vendors in larger cities reasonably close to your location in FL. Many of those dealers/vendors have sources for parts from many different manufacturers, and may even know whether or not the manufacturer of your unit is still in business.
It may take several phone calls, so be patient. Good luck!
Jim D/Heathsville, VA
Try searching for the manufacturer there. If no luck, may have to replace the central vacuum unit.
Doug, get a life!
Shelly Slader | http://www.ellemscentravac.com.au/products/
Upgrade Existing Central Vacuum Cleaner System
A Revolutionary Commercial & Residential Constructio...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps