We are building our first home and it is almost complete. The interior is done but the siding is not yet on the upper level (brick on the lower level). Over the weekend rain came in the front of the house and into the master bedroom through the exterior walls (due to no siding). The master bdrm. is located above the garage, so there is fiberglass insulation between the bdrm. subfloor and garage ceiling that got wet. Will fiberglass insulation dry out, or are we going to get mold and mildew? Our builder says there wasn't enough water to do any damage and we shouldn't worry about it. The drywall in the garage dried up quickly and did not leave any visible stains. Does our insulation need to be replaced or is the builder telling us the truth? I've phoned many contractors and I'm getting mixed answers. Thanks!
New duct work flooded with rain water & wet insulation
Is there a "Dryloc" for stud wall?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!