I have a 1/2 horse power garage door opener (can't find the manual) and for some reason the only way to get the door to close is to push and HOLD the button on the wall. You should be able to push the button and it will close. Also, my remote will only open the door, not close it. I need help!!
your down force, or the revers mechanism are out of adjustment. there are knobs on the unit that are marked upforce, downforce and not sure what the reverse is called, but that would be my first clue. Aother thing to look at would be the sensors at the bottom of the door. There should be one on either side if yours is a fairly recnet unit, not sure what year they started using them, one has an led on it that lights up when it sees the other unit. If no light is on it, try to realign them until it lights up, if it doesnt check the wiring. When you press and hold the button you override that safety mechanism. If in doubt call a profesional to inspect and adjust your unit.
Craftsman Garage Door Opener (Remote Control Progra...
Problem with Craftsman Garage Door Opener
Craftsman garage door opener
Craftsman 1/2hp Garage Door Opener
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!