I have a 1/2 horse power garage door opener (can't find the manual) and for some reason the only way to get the door to close is to push and HOLD the button on the wall. You should be able to push the button and it will close. Also, my remote will only open the door, not close it. I need help!!
your down force, or the revers mechanism are out of adjustment. there are knobs on the unit that are marked upforce, downforce and not sure what the reverse is called, but that would be my first clue. Aother thing to look at would be the sensors at the bottom of the door. There should be one on either side if yours is a fairly recnet unit, not sure what year they started using them, one has an led on it that lights up when it sees the other unit. If no light is on it, try to realign them until it lights up, if it doesnt check the wiring. When you press and hold the button you override that safety mechanism. If in doubt call a profesional to inspect and adjust your unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight