Ice maker installation
I agree. Copper tubing supply is the best material to use except if you have a reverse osmosis water filter then plastic tubing should be used.
You can use "refrigeration grade" copper tubing instead of what is usually sold in installation kits. It has slightly thicker walls and will generally withstand the strain of moving the fridge in and out better.
Neither should drip however if installed properly, provided strain in not put on the connections when moving the appliance for cleaning. Usually a large coil of tubing is left behind the fridge which acts like a Slinky when pulling the fridge out so strain is avoided on the connections.
** The insurance man said it was the copper tubing, but I am getting indications that this is the best way to install. In addition, he said we should install a funnel below the valve in the wall to catch any drips. **
I've never seen such an installation used on a refrigerator. If installed correctly, there should be no drips.
** Any ideas on the best way to avoid another leak aside from watching very closely what the installers are doing. **
I don't know about avoiding a drip but if you put something beneath the refrigerator (linoleum sheet, Formica, etc.) you may visually see any water leakage before it can damage a wood floor that is beneath.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited March 07, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight