Amana freezer HELP!
I just noticed that at the bottom of my Amana side by side where the coils are, what i can see by looking through the openings, without taking everything apart, it looks like the coil is hot, it has a red glow, could this be the heater going on? I never noticed this before.
The evaporator (cooling) coil in the freezer will have a defrost heater in it which could glow bright red during a defrost cycle. What you're seeing is likely normal.
You can read how a frost free refrigerator's defrost system functions at the following link:
LINK > How does a frost free refrigerator's defrost system work?
The Appliance Information Site
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects