Frigidaire Gas Dryer FSG 447GHSO
We have owned it for 2.75 years and it runs daily at least one load. Over the last year there has been a more and more frequent occurance of clothes getting trapped in the edge between the drum and the gasket to the drum. There appears to be a void at the top of drum. Clothes are getting caught and heating up enough that they are getting burn marks. I'm thinking that I have a possible fire hazard on my hands.
Has anyone else seen this, fixed it, or know if there is a recall?
Quite possibly the top drum seal and drum slides (see the link below) are worn (quite common) and allowing the drum to drop slightly. Replacing them may solve any drum alignment problem.
LINK > FSG447GHS0 Upper Front Felt & Glide Kit
** [is] there a recall? **
No, just part of normal wear and tear that probably should have been looked into when it was first noticed a year ago.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited April 21, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects