Frigidaire Gas Dryer FSG 447GHSO
We have owned it for 2.75 years and it runs daily at least one load. Over the last year there has been a more and more frequent occurance of clothes getting trapped in the edge between the drum and the gasket to the drum. There appears to be a void at the top of drum. Clothes are getting caught and heating up enough that they are getting burn marks. I'm thinking that I have a possible fire hazard on my hands.
Has anyone else seen this, fixed it, or know if there is a recall?
Quite possibly the top drum seal and drum slides (see the link below) are worn (quite common) and allowing the drum to drop slightly. Replacing them may solve any drum alignment problem.
** [is] there a recall? **
No, just part of normal wear and tear that probably should have been looked into when it was first noticed a year ago.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited April 21, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard