Frigidaire Gas Dryer FSG 447GHSO
We have owned it for 2.75 years and it runs daily at least one load. Over the last year there has been a more and more frequent occurance of clothes getting trapped in the edge between the drum and the gasket to the drum. There appears to be a void at the top of drum. Clothes are getting caught and heating up enough that they are getting burn marks. I'm thinking that I have a possible fire hazard on my hands.
Has anyone else seen this, fixed it, or know if there is a recall?
Quite possibly the top drum seal and drum slides (see the link below) are worn (quite common) and allowing the drum to drop slightly. Replacing them may solve any drum alignment problem.
** [is] there a recall? **
No, just part of normal wear and tear that probably should have been looked into when it was first noticed a year ago.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited April 21, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers