Frigidaire Gas Dryer FSG 447GHSO
We have owned it for 2.75 years and it runs daily at least one load. Over the last year there has been a more and more frequent occurance of clothes getting trapped in the edge between the drum and the gasket to the drum. There appears to be a void at the top of drum. Clothes are getting caught and heating up enough that they are getting burn marks. I'm thinking that I have a possible fire hazard on my hands.
Has anyone else seen this, fixed it, or know if there is a recall?
Quite possibly the top drum seal and drum slides (see the link below) are worn (quite common) and allowing the drum to drop slightly. Replacing them may solve any drum alignment problem.
** [is] there a recall? **
No, just part of normal wear and tear that probably should have been looked into when it was first noticed a year ago.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited April 21, 2003).]
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING