Frigidaire Gas Dryer FSG 447GHSO
We have owned it for 2.75 years and it runs daily at least one load. Over the last year there has been a more and more frequent occurance of clothes getting trapped in the edge between the drum and the gasket to the drum. There appears to be a void at the top of drum. Clothes are getting caught and heating up enough that they are getting burn marks. I'm thinking that I have a possible fire hazard on my hands.
Has anyone else seen this, fixed it, or know if there is a recall?
Quite possibly the top drum seal and drum slides (see the link below) are worn (quite common) and allowing the drum to drop slightly. Replacing them may solve any drum alignment problem.
** [is] there a recall? **
No, just part of normal wear and tear that probably should have been looked into when it was first noticed a year ago.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited April 21, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Pest, Be Gone! 10 Steps to a Critter-Free Home
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight