Refrigerator shut off for 3 months
Any moisture which was left inside from normal operation will likely develop into mold and/or mildew and create odors.
** how to cure it? **
Sometimes it can't be.
On a frost free model there are numerous air ducts throughout the appliance which can develop the problem, not to mention the insulation in the cabinet itself. Short of totally dismantling it and scrubbing or replacing all effected surfaces there isn't a lot you can usually do to correct such a condition once it has occurred.
If it hasn't developed too far, scrubbing the interior may help along with use of an odor absorbing material like baking soda or a commersial product linked below.
LINK > Fridge Aid® Deodorizer
The Appliance Information Site
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!