Refrigerator shut off for 3 months
Any moisture which was left inside from normal operation will likely develop into mold and/or mildew and create odors.
** how to cure it? **
Sometimes it can't be.
On a frost free model there are numerous air ducts throughout the appliance which can develop the problem, not to mention the insulation in the cabinet itself. Short of totally dismantling it and scrubbing or replacing all effected surfaces there isn't a lot you can usually do to correct such a condition once it has occurred.
If it hasn't developed too far, scrubbing the interior may help along with use of an odor absorbing material like baking soda or a commersial product linked below.
LINK > Fridge Aid® Deodorizer
The Appliance Information Site
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers