Refrigerator shut off for 3 months
Any moisture which was left inside from normal operation will likely develop into mold and/or mildew and create odors.
** how to cure it? **
Sometimes it can't be.
On a frost free model there are numerous air ducts throughout the appliance which can develop the problem, not to mention the insulation in the cabinet itself. Short of totally dismantling it and scrubbing or replacing all effected surfaces there isn't a lot you can usually do to correct such a condition once it has occurred.
If it hasn't developed too far, scrubbing the interior may help along with use of an odor absorbing material like baking soda or a commersial product linked below.
LINK > Fridge Aid® Deodorizer
The Appliance Information Site
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects