Refrigerator shut off for 3 months
Any moisture which was left inside from normal operation will likely develop into mold and/or mildew and create odors.
** how to cure it? **
Sometimes it can't be.
On a frost free model there are numerous air ducts throughout the appliance which can develop the problem, not to mention the insulation in the cabinet itself. Short of totally dismantling it and scrubbing or replacing all effected surfaces there isn't a lot you can usually do to correct such a condition once it has occurred.
If it hasn't developed too far, scrubbing the interior may help along with use of an odor absorbing material like baking soda or a commersial product linked below.
LINK > Fridge Aid® Deodorizer
The Appliance Information Site
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight