Utility Cost of Electric Stove
Over this summer i'm moving in to an apartment in Santa Barbara that has an electric stove and I am wondering how much more expensive it is to use an electric stove instead of a gas stove.
I would think, it would depend on the useage. Electric ranges operate on 220vac, and are on a 30 amp breaker. Natural gas ranges need no electric, except for spark ignition, and the light in the oven. If they were used at comparibly the same rate, The electric range would cost you more.
The gas range will always be cheaper than electric at todays prices, especially in California where you guys get raped and have the great governor Gray watching out for you. Note the sarcasm. It won't be cheap enough to justify replacing a perfectly good electric range in favor of a gas range. Secondly your apartment may not be plumbed for natural gas.
I have not seen studies on ranges, but the American Gas Association website shows a study where gas water heaters are twice as efficient dollar for dollar than electric.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING