Window air conditioning units
Probably a bit less noisy that way, too.
[This message has been edited by k2 (edited June 25, 2003).]
As k2 explained, air conditioners just moves heat from the front evaporator (cooling) coil to the rear condenser where the outdoor air can remove it altogether. Keeping both sides inside the room would be like trying to cool a swimming pool by taking hot water out of the deep end and dumping in into the shallow.
There is also the heat generated by the fan motor and compressor which would actually cause the room to get hotter than before.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited June 29, 2003).]
High Velocity Air Conditioners
Casement Window Air Conditioning Unit Installation
central air conditioning
Smaller Room Heating/Cooling question
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight