I need Help!!! My garbage diposal has not been working for a couple of weeks now. It was fine and we didnt use it for a week or so and now it is broken. When we turn it on I can hear what sounds to be a hummining - We think it may be the motor but arent too sure. Now my sink is backing up and tkes 20 min to half hour to drain. If anyone can shed light on this it would be great - I already tried the button on the bottom too - Thank you
If it is an In-Sink-Erator built model, there will be a hole in the center of the bottom where a 1/4"(?) Allen key will fit. That is used to free jams (*with the power OFF*) when they happen. If it doesn't start after that, it likely needs to be serviced or replaced.
garbage disposal noise
GFCI for Garbage Disposal?
Electrical Connections for my new dishwasher and new...
garbage disposal switch on gfci?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!