I need Help!!! My garbage diposal has not been working for a couple of weeks now. It was fine and we didnt use it for a week or so and now it is broken. When we turn it on I can hear what sounds to be a hummining - We think it may be the motor but arent too sure. Now my sink is backing up and tkes 20 min to half hour to drain. If anyone can shed light on this it would be great - I already tried the button on the bottom too - Thank you
If it is an In-Sink-Erator built model, there will be a hole in the center of the bottom where a 1/4"(?) Allen key will fit. That is used to free jams (*with the power OFF*) when they happen. If it doesn't start after that, it likely needs to be serviced or replaced.
garbage disposal noise
GFCI for Garbage Disposal?
Electrical Connections for my new dishwasher and new...
garbage disposal switch on gfci?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects