I need Help!!! My garbage diposal has not been working for a couple of weeks now. It was fine and we didnt use it for a week or so and now it is broken. When we turn it on I can hear what sounds to be a hummining - We think it may be the motor but arent too sure. Now my sink is backing up and tkes 20 min to half hour to drain. If anyone can shed light on this it would be great - I already tried the button on the bottom too - Thank you
If it is an In-Sink-Erator built model, there will be a hole in the center of the bottom where a 1/4"(?) Allen key will fit. That is used to free jams (*with the power OFF*) when they happen. If it doesn't start after that, it likely needs to be serviced or replaced.
garbage disposal noise
GFCI for Garbage Disposal?
Electrical Connections for my new dishwasher and new...
garbage disposal switch on gfci?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love