helppppp! washer and dryer confused!
There are some combination washer/dryers which only need connecting to a water supply and power. Some things you'll need to look for are:
1. That it is only 120 volts and not 240.
2. That it is a condensing or ventless model so the dryer's exhaust doesn't have to be vented to the outdoors.
There is one model which fits this criteria at the following link. Rollers for it and an attachment to hook up to a regular sink are optional accessories which can be seen at the second link.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited July 29, 2003).]
Most of those models have a 240 volt or gas dryer. Is either accessible where you plan to install it?
Plus, do you have a hole in the wall already for the dryer's exhaust to go through or will you be able to make one?
As long as you get a 'condensing' or 'ventless' model, yes.
** when i run a load what do i do just turn on both hot and cold and it figures out the temperature?? **
If you connect it to a single tap, the water temperature will be whatever you've set the taps for. If you only turn on the hot, you will have hot washes and hot rinses. If you only turn on cold, you'll have cold washes and cold rinses. If you turn on both, you'll have warm washes and warm rinses.
In order for the washer to figure it out, the washer would have to be connected to a separate hot and a separate cold water tap (which is unlikely to be available in most apartments).
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited July 31, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps