helppppp! washer and dryer confused!
There are some combination washer/dryers which only need connecting to a water supply and power. Some things you'll need to look for are:
1. That it is only 120 volts and not 240.
2. That it is a condensing or ventless model so the dryer's exhaust doesn't have to be vented to the outdoors.
There is one model which fits this criteria at the following link. Rollers for it and an attachment to hook up to a regular sink are optional accessories which can be seen at the second link.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited July 29, 2003).]
Most of those models have a 240 volt or gas dryer. Is either accessible where you plan to install it?
Plus, do you have a hole in the wall already for the dryer's exhaust to go through or will you be able to make one?
As long as you get a 'condensing' or 'ventless' model, yes.
** when i run a load what do i do just turn on both hot and cold and it figures out the temperature?? **
If you connect it to a single tap, the water temperature will be whatever you've set the taps for. If you only turn on the hot, you will have hot washes and hot rinses. If you only turn on cold, you'll have cold washes and cold rinses. If you turn on both, you'll have warm washes and warm rinses.
In order for the washer to figure it out, the washer would have to be connected to a separate hot and a separate cold water tap (which is unlikely to be available in most apartments).
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited July 31, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs