Ice Maker Soelnoid
The solenoid for my ice maker sticks shut due to a rotting rubber stopper on the solenoid's piston. I have found the entire solenoid assembly for about $30 but all I need is the steel piston with rubber stopper. Are they available by themselves, or do I have to buy the whole new solenoid?
Individual components are not usually available separately for appliance water fill valves. In the old days they used to be but today's fill valves have not been designed with repair in mind, you can't even usually buy just the solenoid coils separately.
Maybe the site linked below has a more reasonably priced refrigerator water valve?
LINK Fridge Water Valves
The Appliance Information Site
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!