My deck is about 10 years old. It's not in to bad of shape no rot just some weathered boards. Is there a product that is like a paint/stain that would give me a newer look and feel to the surface.
Chris, my deck is also about 10 years old and was constructed from pressure-treated lumber. What I have done before to give it a fresh look, and am about ready to do again, is to clean it with a deck scrub. The scrub product I bought this time is also capable of removing mildew, if that is a problem for you. At least some of the scrubs contain bleach and the product cleans dirt and stains off, most of these will also remove any sealer, etc. that may still remain on the wood. I apply it with a hand-held sprayer, scrub a little with a stiff brush with a long handle, and rinse with water. Then, I have applied a clear sealer. The result is a fresh look, similar to when the deck was first built and sealed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!