My deck is about 10 years old. It's not in to bad of shape no rot just some weathered boards. Is there a product that is like a paint/stain that would give me a newer look and feel to the surface.
Chris, my deck is also about 10 years old and was constructed from pressure-treated lumber. What I have done before to give it a fresh look, and am about ready to do again, is to clean it with a deck scrub. The scrub product I bought this time is also capable of removing mildew, if that is a problem for you. At least some of the scrubs contain bleach and the product cleans dirt and stains off, most of these will also remove any sealer, etc. that may still remain on the wood. I apply it with a hand-held sprayer, scrub a little with a stiff brush with a long handle, and rinse with water. Then, I have applied a clear sealer. The result is a fresh look, similar to when the deck was first built and sealed.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide