Opinions on a freezer
** Are there any brands I should avoid? **
There are only a limited number of freezer manufacturers left in the market place, all the other appliance manufacturers just rebrand those with their own brand names. Frigidaire had 68% of the domestic market share in 2002 and WC Wood 21%.
You can see whom makes what brand of freezer in the "Who makes what" page in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.
IMO both makes are about the same quality although Wood's replacement parts prices are usually significantly lower than Frigidaire's but may not be as readily accessible (few places sell them).
BTW. If you ask the butcher to pre-freeze the meat for you it will put less strain on the freezer than loading a whole (or even 1/2) side of beef into it at one time. Only full size freezers would even be able to handle such a load adequately.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited September 27, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love