Definition of a Heavy Duty Washing Machine
I think you'll find almost all North American top load washers are marked "Heavy Duty" except portable ones. Go to an appliance store and see if you can find one not marked as such.
It is a joke in the appliance service industry and actually means very little, just another marketing term.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited October 05, 2003).]
Yes, both marketing terms although "large capacity" might help to differentiate it from a "super capacity" model (if they happen to have such a thing) or from a "small capacity" model. All of which may still be heavy duty in the company's opinion.
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited October 07, 2003).]
Kenmore washer & dryer
Washing Machine Mold??
wiring a single phase / 230 volts / 18.8 amps / 60 Hz
Maytag Neptune Washer Problems Website
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide