Definition of a Heavy Duty Washing Machine
I think you'll find almost all North American top load washers are marked "Heavy Duty" except portable ones. Go to an appliance store and see if you can find one not marked as such.
It is a joke in the appliance service industry and actually means very little, just another marketing term.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited October 05, 2003).]
Yes, both marketing terms although "large capacity" might help to differentiate it from a "super capacity" model (if they happen to have such a thing) or from a "small capacity" model. All of which may still be heavy duty in the company's opinion.
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited October 07, 2003).]
Kenmore washer & dryer
Washing Machine Mold??
wiring a single phase / 230 volts / 18.8 amps / 60 Hz
Maytag Neptune Washer Problems Website
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers