Definition of a Heavy Duty Washing Machine
I think you'll find almost all North American top load washers are marked "Heavy Duty" except portable ones. Go to an appliance store and see if you can find one not marked as such.
It is a joke in the appliance service industry and actually means very little, just another marketing term.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited October 05, 2003).]
Yes, both marketing terms although "large capacity" might help to differentiate it from a "super capacity" model (if they happen to have such a thing) or from a "small capacity" model. All of which may still be heavy duty in the company's opinion.
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited October 07, 2003).]
Kenmore washer & dryer
Washing Machine Mold??
wiring a single phase / 230 volts / 18.8 amps / 60 Hz
Maytag Neptune Washer Problems Website
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects