I purchased a kit to hook up a gas dryer. For some reason, though, I cannot get the seal tight enough to prevent gas from leaking on the dryer side of the pipe. The fitting that is coming out of the dryer is a larger one than the kit that I purchased as well. Any suggestions? I do not have the house wired for an electric dryer...are there dryers that do not run on 220V?
Gabby, If you are not experienced with pipe, nipples, and fittings, then I recommend you call a plumber to hook up the gas dryer. Your plumber has the ability to make the proper connection. If you do decide to tackle this yourself, you must 1st determine what you have coming out of the gas valve. It's either 1/2" or a 3/8" nipple. The kit you purchased may not have allowed for a 3/8" x 1/2" reducing coupling. Reducing couplings are mandated here in Philadelphia by the gas company. Bushings are not allowed, and will fail an inspection. All gas dryers operate on 120VAC. Electric dryers are 220VAC.
quote:I agree but if you insist on attempting it yourself, the page at the following link may help. Use at your own (and your family's) risk.
If you are not experienced with pipe, nipples, and fittings, then I recommend you call a plumber to hook up the gas dryer.
LINK > Installing a gas connector
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited October 06, 2003).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love