Hi everyone, I wonder if you can help. My washing machine is working mechanically ok(washing, spinning, rinsing etc)but when I take the clothes out they smell musty. My husband bent the hose which takes the dirty water away so no water could return into the machine and I have put the machine on about 5 boil wash settings to try and wash the smell away. It is slowly getting better, but I was wondering if there was some kind of solution I could put in the machine to get rid of this smell quicker? I hope you can help.
I WOULD SUGGEST THAT THE FIRST THING TO DO IS TAKE THE KINK FROM THE DRAIN HOSE. THE PUMP FORCES THE WATER OUT AND THERE ARE NO BACK DRAINS THAT CAN COME INTO THE TUB. I WOULD LOOK AT THE FILTER ON THE WASHER, AS IT MAY BE FULL OF DEBREE IF IT IS OLDER MODEL WASHER. IT IS LOCATED WITHIN THE INSIDE OF WASHER NEAR THE MOTOR. THE BOTTOM FRONT OF THE WASHER PLATE WILL HAVE TO BE REMOVED TO GET TO THIS. ALSO, ARE YOU ON WELL WATER. IT COULD BE THE WATER IF SMELLS LIKE ROTTEN EGGS, RATHER THAN WASHER INTERIOR. HEAVY IRON DEPOSITS IN WELL WATER WILL CREATE STRONG TYPE ODORS ESPECIALLY IN HOT WATER. YOU MIGHT ALSO CHECK THE LIME DEPOSIT ROD IN YOUR HOT WATER HEATER. DO YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM IN ANY OTHER AREA OF THE HOME WHICH MIGHT GIVE YOU A CLUE IF IS A WASHER PROBLEM OR THE ACTUAL HOT WATER CREATING THE ODOR.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!