Hi everyone, I wonder if you can help. My washing machine is working mechanically ok(washing, spinning, rinsing etc)but when I take the clothes out they smell musty. My husband bent the hose which takes the dirty water away so no water could return into the machine and I have put the machine on about 5 boil wash settings to try and wash the smell away. It is slowly getting better, but I was wondering if there was some kind of solution I could put in the machine to get rid of this smell quicker? I hope you can help.
I WOULD SUGGEST THAT THE FIRST THING TO DO IS TAKE THE KINK FROM THE DRAIN HOSE. THE PUMP FORCES THE WATER OUT AND THERE ARE NO BACK DRAINS THAT CAN COME INTO THE TUB. I WOULD LOOK AT THE FILTER ON THE WASHER, AS IT MAY BE FULL OF DEBREE IF IT IS OLDER MODEL WASHER. IT IS LOCATED WITHIN THE INSIDE OF WASHER NEAR THE MOTOR. THE BOTTOM FRONT OF THE WASHER PLATE WILL HAVE TO BE REMOVED TO GET TO THIS. ALSO, ARE YOU ON WELL WATER. IT COULD BE THE WATER IF SMELLS LIKE ROTTEN EGGS, RATHER THAN WASHER INTERIOR. HEAVY IRON DEPOSITS IN WELL WATER WILL CREATE STRONG TYPE ODORS ESPECIALLY IN HOT WATER. YOU MIGHT ALSO CHECK THE LIME DEPOSIT ROD IN YOUR HOT WATER HEATER. DO YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM IN ANY OTHER AREA OF THE HOME WHICH MIGHT GIVE YOU A CLUE IF IS A WASHER PROBLEM OR THE ACTUAL HOT WATER CREATING THE ODOR.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight