Hi everyone, I wonder if you can help. My washing machine is working mechanically ok(washing, spinning, rinsing etc)but when I take the clothes out they smell musty. My husband bent the hose which takes the dirty water away so no water could return into the machine and I have put the machine on about 5 boil wash settings to try and wash the smell away. It is slowly getting better, but I was wondering if there was some kind of solution I could put in the machine to get rid of this smell quicker? I hope you can help.
I WOULD SUGGEST THAT THE FIRST THING TO DO IS TAKE THE KINK FROM THE DRAIN HOSE. THE PUMP FORCES THE WATER OUT AND THERE ARE NO BACK DRAINS THAT CAN COME INTO THE TUB. I WOULD LOOK AT THE FILTER ON THE WASHER, AS IT MAY BE FULL OF DEBREE IF IT IS OLDER MODEL WASHER. IT IS LOCATED WITHIN THE INSIDE OF WASHER NEAR THE MOTOR. THE BOTTOM FRONT OF THE WASHER PLATE WILL HAVE TO BE REMOVED TO GET TO THIS. ALSO, ARE YOU ON WELL WATER. IT COULD BE THE WATER IF SMELLS LIKE ROTTEN EGGS, RATHER THAN WASHER INTERIOR. HEAVY IRON DEPOSITS IN WELL WATER WILL CREATE STRONG TYPE ODORS ESPECIALLY IN HOT WATER. YOU MIGHT ALSO CHECK THE LIME DEPOSIT ROD IN YOUR HOT WATER HEATER. DO YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM IN ANY OTHER AREA OF THE HOME WHICH MIGHT GIVE YOU A CLUE IF IS A WASHER PROBLEM OR THE ACTUAL HOT WATER CREATING THE ODOR.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!