Hi everyone, I wonder if you can help. My washing machine is working mechanically ok(washing, spinning, rinsing etc)but when I take the clothes out they smell musty. My husband bent the hose which takes the dirty water away so no water could return into the machine and I have put the machine on about 5 boil wash settings to try and wash the smell away. It is slowly getting better, but I was wondering if there was some kind of solution I could put in the machine to get rid of this smell quicker? I hope you can help.
I WOULD SUGGEST THAT THE FIRST THING TO DO IS TAKE THE KINK FROM THE DRAIN HOSE. THE PUMP FORCES THE WATER OUT AND THERE ARE NO BACK DRAINS THAT CAN COME INTO THE TUB. I WOULD LOOK AT THE FILTER ON THE WASHER, AS IT MAY BE FULL OF DEBREE IF IT IS OLDER MODEL WASHER. IT IS LOCATED WITHIN THE INSIDE OF WASHER NEAR THE MOTOR. THE BOTTOM FRONT OF THE WASHER PLATE WILL HAVE TO BE REMOVED TO GET TO THIS. ALSO, ARE YOU ON WELL WATER. IT COULD BE THE WATER IF SMELLS LIKE ROTTEN EGGS, RATHER THAN WASHER INTERIOR. HEAVY IRON DEPOSITS IN WELL WATER WILL CREATE STRONG TYPE ODORS ESPECIALLY IN HOT WATER. YOU MIGHT ALSO CHECK THE LIME DEPOSIT ROD IN YOUR HOT WATER HEATER. DO YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM IN ANY OTHER AREA OF THE HOME WHICH MIGHT GIVE YOU A CLUE IF IS A WASHER PROBLEM OR THE ACTUAL HOT WATER CREATING THE ODOR.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes